San Mateo High School
Monday, May 1, 2017
CLUB/CLASS ACTIVITIES- Meetings today at lunch are:
Girl Up Club A161
IOS App Club A157
JSA Club A220
Kids Help Kids- Biotech room
Math Tutoring club C111
Philosophy Club M110
Red Cross Club A232
This Saturday, May 6th is Prom! Tickets are on sale May 1-5 for $95.
If you’ve had trouble finding or funding that perfect dress for prom, Ms. Kalinski has the solution for you! Come check out the fabulous selection in A220!
Interested in being an ambassador for next year’s incoming freshman? Come to the informational meeting on Today, May 1st at lunch in A007!
- Perfect Attendance Award: If you have NEVER missed ANY classes from school and have PERFECT ATTENDANCE since your FRESHMAN YEAR here at SMHS, submit your name via school loop email to Mrs. Cervantes or Mrs. Menendez, it’s due Today, May 1st.
- Best Attendance Award: If you think you may qualify for the BEST attendance since freshman year (not perfect), you may also submit your name via school loop email to Mrs. Cervantes or Mrs. Menendez, it’s due Today,, May 1st.
- Graduation Speeches: Students must submit a printed copy to Student Services by 3:15 on Today, May 1st. Students will be notified on Thursday, May 4th if their speech has been selected for a live audition. Speech Auditions will be after school on Friday, May 5th in A216
- Graduation Performance Auditions: Students must sign up in Student Services by Friday, May 5th. Auditions are Tuesday, May 9th at Lunch in the MPR.
- Applications for extra tickets to graduation are now available in Student Services Office. It is first come, first serve.
Are you interested in joining the Cross Country team next year? Want to know more about exactly what cross country is? Come to a meeting in Ms. Dybdahl’s room E116 this Wednesday, May 3rd@ lunch.
Attention SMHS Athletes:
Need a physical? Tired of having your physical expire during the season? Can't get an appointment with your doctor? On Saturday, May 20th Stanford will be conducting athletic physicals for the first 280 athletes for only $10 dollars! Make it easy and sign up now!
Go to the following link and click on the "Register Online" and it will take you to the sign up page where they can pick a specific time.
Please indicate what school you attend. Stanford will also be including an EKG test as part of the physical. The cost is $10 per student and all proceeds will be donated back to the respective school of the student/patient.
Outdoor Ed Cabin Leaders are needed for Fox Elementary School in Belmont the week of May 1st. Interested juniors & seniors, please sign up in the Health Office (Room A116).
Athletic Awards Night
The Athletic Awards night recognizing the 2016-2017 season will be held on Tuesday, May 16th @ 6pm in the Main Gym. We will be recognizing our MVPs, championship teams and Athletes of the Year. Food and refreshments sponsored by the Athletic Boosters.
Sports for the Day
JV Baseball vs El Camino @ SMHS 4pm
For more updated SMHS sports information go to www.sanmateoathletics.org