San Mateo High School
Monday, April 24, 2017
NO SCHOOL TODAY!
SPIRIT WEEK This WEEK
Express your spirit pajamas on Tuesday, sports gear on Wednesday, tye-dye on Thursday and crazy orange and black on Friday!
Saturday, May 6th is Prom! Tickets on sale April 24-28 for $90; and May 1-5 for $95.
1. Perfect Attendance Award: If you have NEVER missed ANY classes from school and have PERFECT ATTENDANCE since your FRESHMAN YEAR here at SMHS, submit your name via school loop email to Mrs. Cervantes or Ms. Menendez, its due Thursday, May 1st.
2. Best Attendance Award: If you think you may qualify for the BEST attendance since freshman year (not perfect), you may also submit your name via school loop email to Mrs. Cervantes or Ms. Menendez, its due Thursday, May 1st.
If you were involved in the cast or crew of any of this year's productions, please come to the PAC to grab a ballot and vote for best performers and crew members. Voting closes at the end of the day on Wednesday, April 26 Awards will be presented at the Drama Banquet on Sunday, May 21st .
Are you looking for a job or volunteer opportunity?
Come to San Mateo High School's 2nd annual Job & Volunteer Faire! The Faire will be held in the MPR, and directly outside of the MPR. Come on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 to learn about all the different opportunities that are available to you! - Sky High Sports, Target, Pieology, Rockin Jump, SPCA, Innovative Pathways, YMCA, Burlingame Rec Center, In & Out Burger, LifeMoves, Safeway, Mid-Peninsula Boys & Girls Club and many many more! You don't want to miss it.
Special Guest Speaker
Come to Christian Club on Wednesday, April 26th during lunch in C012, and hear our guest speaker Pastor Wong.
Careers in the Interactive Entertainment Business
Please come to the Career Center on Thursday, April 27that lunch to learn about Careers in the Interactive Entertainment business. The Academy of Interactive Entertainment will be here to present programs in Coding/programming, Digital Design, Game Design, Animation, 3D AutoCAD, 3D VFX & Film etc.
* You have the opportunity to turn in a gradation speech to address your class and be chosen to give it on that special day! If you are interested in this, please see Mrs. Cervantes for details. All speeches are due by Thursday, April 27.
* If you are interested in performing at the graduation ceremony, see Mrs. Cervantes for details. You need to get approval to perform by the VAPA teachers and meet the deadline dates.
* Applications for extra tickets to graduation are now available in Student Sevices Office. It is a first come, first serve.
Chalk Fest is May 15th!
Come to the M bldg, Media Lab on Thursday, April 27th for sign-ups.
Students who are in the Free and Reduced Lunch Program can purchase discounted SamTrans bus tickets for the month of May. Please see Mrs. Hickey in the Health Office, A116.
Outdoor Ed Cabin Leaders are needed for Fox Elementary School in Belmont the week of May 1st. Interested juniors & seniors, please sign up in the Health Office (Room A116).
Sports for the Day
V. Softball @ SSF 4:00
Varsity Boys Volleyball @ SSF 6pm
For more updated SMHS sports information go to www.sanmateoathletics.org