San Mateo High School
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
PING PONG CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room B201
PROGRAMMING CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A157
RAZA UNIDA CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A145
TEAM HBV CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room C006
POLY CLUB MEETING – TOMORROW – lunch – Room A008
MUN MEETING – TOMORROW – lunch – Room A234
BECOME A TUTOR NEXT SEMESTER!
Are you looking for a life changing experience? Do you enjoy teacher others and helping them succeed? Become a peer tutor next semester! This is a great experience to include on a college resume or to write about in a college essay. For more information, come to Room A145 next Thursday, November 13th, at the start of lunch or after school. If you have any questions, see Ms. Freyre in Room A145 or contact her on Schoolloop.
— Ms. Freyre
SPIRIT WEEK DRESS CODE
Attention all Bearcats! The school dress code still applies during Spirit Week. Remember to dress appropriately as you celebrate our school spirit!
— Roz Jeffries/Ms. Catalli
Feeling lazy? Come to school in your PJ’s on Monday, November 10th, for the first day of Spirit Week. Come to the Quad to be counted. Sophomores will sing the Fight Song!
— Roz Jeffries/Ms. Catalli
CAREER CENTER NEWS
Just a reminder for those of you who are interested in fashion and creative arts! F.I.D.M. will be visiting the College and Career Center today at 1:00pm. If you would like to learn more about this school, stop by the Career Center for your pass.
— Mrs. Fenech
TED TALKS SMHS
Are you interested in expressing your ideas and designing solutions for real world problems creating impact in communities? Come to the new “TED-Ed SMHS” Club! We’ll be meeting during lunch on Friday, November 7th, in Room A221.
— Kevin Huo/Mrs. Johnson
GRID DANCE GUIDELINES
GRID is Saturday, November 8th, from 8:00-11:00pm at the Oshman Family Jewish Community Center in Palo Alto. Please listen carefully to the following guidelines:
- The Dress Code will be strictly enforced.
- The doors will open at 8:00pm. All students and guests must show a picture I.D. card at the door. The doors will close promptly at 8:30pm.
- No in or out privileges.
- Code of Conduct: Regular school rules regarding smoking, alcohol and drugs will be in effect. ANY signs of smoking, alcohol or drug use will result in immediate disciplinary action. Students violating major school rules may be barred from dances for the remainder of the semester.
- The dance is over promptly at 11:00pm. No loitering in the parking lots. Be sure your transportation arrives on time. Late pick-ups after 11:15 may result in loss of opportunity to attend future dances.
BULLYING AND CYBER BULLYING
Cyber bullying includes the transmission of communications, posting of harassing messages, direct threats, or other harmful texts, sounds, or images on the Internet, social networking sites, or other digital technologies using a telephone, computer, or any wireless communication device. Cyber bullying also includes breaking into another person’s electronic account and assuming that person’s identity in order to damage that person’s reputation.
Students may submit a verbal or written complaint of conduct they consider to be bullying to a teacher or administrator. Students should 1) save and print any messages sent to them that they feel constitutes cyber bullying; and 2) notify a teacher, counselor, dean of students, or administration so matters can be investigated. Any student who engages in cyber bullying on school premises, or off campus in a manner that causes or is likely to cause a substantial disruption of a school activity or school attendance, shall be subject to discipline with any or all of the following consequences: 1-5 day suspension, referral to School Safety Advocate, SMPD notified, Incident Review Conference (IRC), and/or possible recommendation for expulsion.
NEXT WEEK’S SCHEDULE
- Monday, November 10th: “A” Day
- Tuesday, November 11th: Veterans’ Day Holiday – no school
- Wednesday, November 12th: “B” Day
- Thursday, November 13th: “A” Day
- Friday, November 14th: “B” Day (see Rally Schedule below)
|Zero Period||7:00- 7:54|
|Period 2||8:00- 9:31|
|Period 6||12:50- 2:21|