San Mateo High School
Thursday, October 23, 2014
ONCE ON THIS ISLAND – TICKETS ON SALE TODAY – lunch – Quad
RED CROSS CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A232
MATH TEAM MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A162
ART CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room C107
CRAFT CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room C111
TECH FOR GIRLS CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A220
INTERACTIVE CODING CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – B102
MUN MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A234
POLY CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A008
MUSIC DEPARTMENT FUNDRAISER AT PIZZA MY HEART – TODAY – all day
BOYS’ VOLLEYBALL MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room E115
HOMECOMING GUEST PASSES – PICK UP IN STUDENT SERVICES – due MONDAY, OCTOBER 27TH
WEAR YOUR ORANGE AND BLACK TO THE MUSICAL!
Hey, Bearcats, in honor of our mighty San Francisco Giants, with whom we share team colors, we’re doing a special tribute all weekend at the fall musical, ONCE ON THIS ISLAND. For anyone who buys a regular priced ticket and wears orange and black to the show, we will donate one dollar of that ticket’s cost to Junior Giants, the charity run by the Giants Community Fund to provide needy children with the chance to play baseball. So come out in full force and support this worthy cause. We’ll see you at the show! Go Giants!
— Mr. Friedman
CALLING ALL FRESHMEN
Come to the Spirit Hall poster party at Shad Park (near Bowditch Middle School) this Sunday, October 26th, from 1:00-5:00pm. Tell all your friends. Go Bearcats!!
— Freshman Student Council/Ms. Moore
UNIQLO in Hillsdale Mall is hiring for part-time Sales Associates. Stop by the Career Center for more information.
— Mrs. Fenech
COLLEGE & CAREER FAIR
Reminder! The San Mateo Union High School District College & Career Fair is TONIGHT from 6:30-8:30pm at Mills High School. Flyers are available in the Career Center.
— Mrs. Fenech
Attention Juniors & Seniors! Middle College, a high school program at College of San Mateo, is accepting applications for the Spring 2015 semester and TODAY is the deadline to apply. Contact your Counselor for more information.
— Mr. Quigley
TODAY’S FEATURED SCHOLARSHIP
- Ronald McDonald House Charities: three scholarships based on ethnicity (Asian-Pacific, African American, Black Caribbean or Hispanic) and one open to students of all ethnicities. Four outstanding Hispanic students will be selected for national scholarships. Each scholarship totals $100,000 (over 4 years). General criteria: planning to attend a 2-4 year college; U.S. citizen, financial need. Deadline: January 2015.
See Mrs. Fenech in the Career Center for more information.
Volleyball – Capuchino at San Mateo – Frosh 4:00; JV 5:00; Varsity 6:15
Girls’ Tennis – San Mateo at Sequoia – 4:00
Varsity Girls’ Water Polo – Aragon at San Mateo – 5:15
Varsity Boys’ Water Polo – Aragon at San Mateo – 4:00
JV Boys’ Water Polo – Aragon at San Mateo – 3:00
The San Mateo High School campus is a closed campus. Students may not leave campus without a valid permit obtained from the Attendance Office. The campus is also closed to all visitors unless they obtain a Visitor’s Pass in the main office or in the Dean’s Office. Students may NOT leave campus during school hours.
- Students who do not have a class at the beginning of school or end of school (for example students who do not have a 1st or 2nd period, or a 6th or 7th period), must obtain a “Not At School Sticker” from Student Services. Students who have a “Not At School Sticker” in the middle of their class schedule are NOT allowed to leave campus.
- School hours are defined as the bell schedule for the day which include brunch and lunch.
- Students are NOT to enter their cars during school hours without proper authorization.
- Students are NOT allowed to move their cars or transport students on or off campus.
- Students are NOT allowed to be in areas that are off-limits or restricted areas. (For example: District offices, SMART Center/ Adult Education, Gyms, Athletic fields and tennis courts, parking lots, and construction zone areas.)
All students who are caught leaving campus without a proper pass or are in off-limit areas without proper authorization will be sent to the Dean of Students with the following disciplinary action:
- 1st Offense: Enter Referral Online. Student is searched and warned. Dean calls parent
- 2nd Offense: Enter Referral Online. Student is searched. Dean calls parent 1 hour detention. Dean notifies counselor, SRO, SSA.
- 3rd Offense: Referral to Dean/AP. Student is searched. Dean calls parent. 2 hour detention. Dean notifies, counselor, SRO, SSA . Parent Conference SMHS Student Contract
- 4th Offense: Referral to Dean/AP. Dean calls parent. Dean assigns1 Day In House suspension.