San Mateo High School
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
PROGRAMMING CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A157
MATH TEAM MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A162
RAZA UNIDA MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A145
PING PONG CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room B201
MUN MEETING – TOMORROW – lunch – Room A234
POLY CLUB MEETING – TOMORROW – lunch – Room A008
MUSIC DEPARTMENT FUNDRAISER AT PIZZA MY HEART – TOMORROW – all day
BOYS’ VOLLEYBALL MEETING – TOMORROW – lunch – Room E115
HOMECOMING GUEST PASSES – PICK UP IN STUDENT SERVICES – due MONDAY, OCTOBER 27TH
FALL MUSICAL OPENS NEW DRAMA SEASON!
Our first production of the year will be ONCE ON THIS ISLAND, a charming musical version of “The Little Mermaid” set on a Caribbean island. Tickets will go on sale in the Quad during lunch on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for this weekend’s performances at 7:30pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 2:00pm on Sunday. Students who show their school I.D. card can purchase unreserved seats for only $5.00 for any performance. Regular reserved seats are $20 for adults and $15 for students and seniors. Get your tickets and come support SMHS Drama!
— Mr. Friedman
COLLEGE & CAREER FAIR
Your future is here! Don’t forget to attend the San Mateo Union High School District’s College and Career Fair 2014!
- Thursday, October 23rd
- Mills High School
See Mrs. Fenech in the Career Center for a flyer today!
Attention Juniors & Seniors! The application deadline for Middle College is Thursday, October 23rd. Middle College, a high school program at College of San Mateo, is accepting applications for the Spring 2015 semester. Contact your Counselor for more information.
— Mr. Quigley
TODAY’S FEATURED SCHOLARSHIP
- Good Tidings Foundation: senior who recognizes the benefits of serving their community; demonstrated community service involvement; essay; letters of recommendation; financial need; must provide GPA and SAT scores. Due: Nov. 10th.
See Mrs. Fenech in the Career Center for more information.
Girls’ Golf – San Mateo vs. Hillsdale at Poplar Creek – 3:00
The San Mateo High School campus is a closed campus. Students may not leave campus without a valid permit obtained from the Attendance Office. The campus is also closed to all visitors unless they obtain a Visitor’s Pass in the main office or in the Dean’s Office. Students may NOT leave campus during school hours.
- Students who do not have a class at the beginning of school or end of school (for example students who do not have a 1st or 2nd period, or a 6th or 7th period), must obtain a “Not At School Sticker” from Student Services. Students who have a “Not At School Sticker” in the middle of their class schedule are NOT allowed to leave campus.
- School hours are defined as the bell schedule for the day which include brunch and lunch.
- Students are NOT to enter their cars during school hours without proper authorization.
- Students are NOT allowed to move their cars or transport students on or off campus.
- Students are NOT allowed to be in areas that are off-limits or restricted areas. (For example: District offices, SMART Center/ Adult Education, Gyms, Athletic fields and tennis courts, parking lots, and construction zone areas.)
All students who are caught leaving campus without a proper pass or are in off-limit areas without proper authorization will be sent to the Dean of Students with the following disciplinary action:
- 1st Offense: Enter Referral Online. Student is searched and warned. Dean calls parent
- 2nd Offense: Enter Referral Online. Student is searched. Dean calls parent 1 hour detention. Dean notifies counselor, SRO, SSA.
- 3rd Offense: Referral to Dean/AP. Student is searched. Dean calls parent. 2 hour detention. Dean notifies, counselor, SRO, SSA . Parent Conference SMHS Student Contract
- 4th Offense: Referral to Dean/AP. Dean calls parent. Dean assigns1 Day In House suspension.