San Mateo High School
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
INTERACT CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – room A220
SPEECH & DEBATE CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A217
BOLLYWOOD CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room C104
BIRTHDAY CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room B205
FILIPINO CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room B207
MUSIC DEPARTMENT FUNDRAISER AT PIZZA MY HEART – THURSDAY, OCT. 23RD – all day
If you are applying to colleges and universities and are looking for your California Student ID’s (SSID), it is located on the bottom left-hand corner of your transcripts.
— Mrs. Fenech
FALL MUSICAL OPENS NEW DRAMA SEASON!
Our first production of the year will be ONCE ON THIS ISLAND, a charming musical version of “The Little Mermaid” set on a Caribbean island. Tickets will go on sale in the Quad during lunch on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for this weekend’s performances at 7:30pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 2:00pm on Sunday. Students who show their school I.D. card can purchase unreserved seats for only $5.00 for any performance. Regular reserved seats are $20 for adults and $15 for students and seniors. Get your tickets and come support SMHS Drama!
— Mr. Friedman
COLLEGE & CAREER FAIR
Your future is here! Don’t forget to attend the San Mateo Union High School District’s College and Career Fair 2014!
- Thursday, October 23rd
- Mills High School
See Mrs. Fenech in the Career Center for a flyer today!
Attention Juniors & Seniors! The application deadline for Middle College is Thursday, October 23rd. Middle College, a high school program at College of San Mateo, is accepting applications for the Spring 2015 semester. Contact your Counselor for more information.
— Mr. Quigley
BOYS’ VOLLEYBALL MEETING
If you are interested in playing boys’ volleyball during the Spring Season, come to Mr. Scheller’s room (E115) during lunch on Thursday, October 23rd.
— Paolo Castillo/Mr. Scheller
Save the date! Homecoming is Saturday, November 8th, from 8:00-11:00pm, at the Oshman Family Jewish Community Center (3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto). Guest passes can be picked up in the Student Services Office and are due back no later than Monday, October 27th, by 3:30pm.
— Kimberly Tom/Ms. Catalli
TODAY’S FEATURED SCHOLARSHIP
- Elks Legacy Scholarship: senior who is a child or grandchild of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2012; must take SAT before December 31; renewable 4 year scholarship. Deadline: January 30, 2015.
Volleyball – San Mateo at Jefferson – JV 4:00; Varsity 5:15
Girls’ Tennis – Carlmont at San Mateo – 4:00
Girls’ Varsity Water Polo – San Mateo vs. Menlo at Hillsdale – 5:15
Boys’ Varsity Water Polo – San Mateo vs. Priory at Hillsdale – 6:30
The San Mateo High School campus is a closed campus. Students may not leave campus without a valid permit obtained from the Attendance Office. The campus is also closed to all visitors unless they obtain a Visitor’s Pass in the main office or in the Dean’s Office. Students may NOT leave campus during school hours.
- Students who do not have a class at the beginning of school or end of school (for example students who do not have a 1st or 2nd period, or a 6th or 7th period), must obtain a “Not At School Sticker” from Student Services. Students who have a “Not At School Sticker” in the middle of their class schedule are NOT allowed to leave campus.
- School hours are defined as the bell schedule for the day which include brunch and lunch.
- Students are NOT to enter their cars during school hours without proper authorization.
- Students are NOT allowed to move their cars or transport students on or off campus.
- Students are NOT allowed to be in areas that are off-limits or restricted areas. (For example: District offices, SMART Center/ Adult Education, Gyms, Athletic fields and tennis courts, parking lots, and construction zone areas.)
All students who are caught leaving campus without a proper pass or are in off-limit areas without proper authorization will be sent to the Dean of Students with the following disciplinary action:
- 1st Offense: Enter Referral Online. Student is searched and warned. Dean calls parent
- 2nd Offense: Enter Referral Online. Student is searched. Dean calls parent 1 hour detention. Dean notifies counselor, SRO, SSA.
- 3rd Offense: Referral to Dean/AP. Student is searched. Dean calls parent. 2 hour detention. Dean notifies, counselor, SRO, SSA . Parent Conference SMHS Student Contract
- 4th Offense: Referral to Dean/AP. Dean calls parent. Dean assigns1 Day In House suspension.