San Mateo High School
Friday, September 12, 2014
CSF APPLICATIONS – deadline to turn in to Mrs. Torres is TODAY
TEA RIVER BUY ONE GET ONE FREE – TODAY – 3:00-5:00pm – Downtown San Mateo
JSA MEETING – MONDAY, SEPT. 15TH – lunch – Room A220
CLUB FAIR – MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH – lunch - Quad
TODAY’S ASSEMBLY – “REVISED” TIME SCHEDULE
The Fall Showcase (Rally) Assembly is today in the Gym. Please note that 4th period today ends at 11:21 (not 11:24). Students are to leave backpacks and bags in their 4th period classroom, and will return after the rally to pick them up.
|Zero Period||7:00- 7:54|
|Period 2||8:00- 9:31|
|Period 4||9:47-11:21 (announcements)|
|Passing to Gym||11:21-11:31|
|Return to Class||12:08-12:14 (retrieve backpacks)|
|Period 6||12:50- 2:21|
ATTENTION: PEP BAND MEMBERS
Members of the Pep Band are released today at 11:00am to get ready for the Rally.
— Mr. Tribuzi
Optional fall/winter conditioning is open to all those who are interested in playing baseball. Conditioning starts on Monday, September 29th. Meet on the Spirit Lawn:
- Mondays – 3:30-4:30pm
- Wednesdays & Fridays – 2:45-3:45pm
Important: Please remember to bring water and athletic shoes.
— Coach Sanzeri
INTERNATIONAL CLUB FAIR
If any clubs would like to participate in the International Club Fair, please pick up a form in the Leadership Room (A001). Thank you.
— Griselda Madrigal/Ms. Catalli
GIRLS WHO CODE
Join the “Girls Who Code” to learn more about programming just 15 minutes from San Mateo! Visit the Programming Club on Wednesdays during lunch in Room A157 for more information.
— Mr. Rainaldi
SUPERNATURAL CLUB MEETING
The Supernatural Club is having their first meeting in Room A216 during lunch TODAY. Come join the family business.
— Grace Curry/Ms. Catalli
PICTURE PACKETS HAVE ARRIVED
If you ordered a picture packet, you can stop by the Attendance Office and pick them up during brunch or lunch.
— Mrs. Menendez
FAMILY LITERACY NIGHT
Are you interested in working with 1st, 2nd or 3rd graders to develop reading skills? Are you interested in community outreach and creating a better San Mateo? If so, talk to Mr. Brasel, Ms. Malone, Ms. Shiu or Ms. Freyre about being a Family Lit Tutor! We’re hiring for paid and volunteer positions. It’s great for college applications and community service requirements. Pick up an application from Mr. Brasel or Ms. Malone and come to a short meeting after school on Thursday, September 18th.
— Mr. Brasel
UPCOMING COLLEGE VISITS
- NYU: Wednesday, September 17th – 9:45am
- Duke: Friday, September 19th – 8:00am
See Mrs. Furgiuele in the Career Center for a pass to attend.
— Mrs. Furgiuele
- We will now be open before school for breakfast at 7:30 and close after the first bell rings. If you participate in the National School Lunch Program and get free or reduced means, you can pick up your brunch before school. If you don’t participate you can buy a breakfast mean for $2.50. We also serve hot chocolate and warm cookies. Stop by and start your day off right by having breakfast. Reminder for free or reduced lunch participants: If you choose your meal before school and are still hungry at brunch, you will have to pay for a 2nd meal.
- Another reminder! If you participate in the National School Lunch Program, don’t forget that you have to reapply online at the district website by September 23rd.
— Ms. Regie/Cafeteria
Ninth Graders! If you are interested in hosting a shadow, please email Ms. Shiu on Schoolloop.
— Ms. Shiu
Volleyball – Sacred Heart Prep at San Mateo – 4:00
Volleyball – Frosh/Soph tournament at San Mateo – all day
Football – Lynbrook at San Mateo – JV 11:00; Varsity 2:00