San Mateo High School
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
FILIPINO CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room B207
GIRLS’ SOCCER PLAYERS – sign up via link on SMHS website
Ninth Graders! If you are interested in hosting a shadow, please email Ms. Shiu on Schoolloop.
— Ms. Shiu
CREATIVE WRITING CLUB
Come to the Writer’s Block Creative Writing Club after school TOMORROW in Room A145. We have cookies!!
— David/Ms. Adamcikova
WORKOUTS BEGIN TODAY
A reminder to all girls’ basketball and soccer players! Workouts begin TODAY at 3:30pm in the Weight Room. See you there!
— Ms. Dinges
CALIFORNIA SCHOLARSHIP FEDERATION
Applications for CSF are available with Mrs. Torres in the Career Center and are due this Friday, September 12th.
— Mrs. Torres
NATIONAL SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM
If you are a returning student and you participate in the National School Lunch Program and receive free or reduced brunch and lunch, you will have to reapply by September 23rd, or the system will automatically drop you and you will not be able to get food. You can go to the District website and apply online. Don’t wait until the last minute…sign up today.
— Ms. Regie/Cafeteria
TODAY’S FEATURED SCHOLARSHIPS
The 2014 Elks Scholarship contests are officially underway!
- Elks National Foundation – Most Valuable Student: leadership; academic achievement; financial need; letters of recommendation from community members; renewable. Deadline: December 4th.
- Elks Legacy Scholarship: high school senior; child or grandchild of current Elk member who joined on or before April 1, 2012; SAT taken before December 31, 2014; renewable. Deadline: January 30, 2015
- Special Event: An Elks Club committee will provide a one hour workshop to help fill out the application on Friday, September 12th, from 5:30-6:30pm. If you are interested in attending the workshop, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “scholarship workshop”. There will also be a Family Dinner Open House that you are invited to attend after the workshop. The cost for dinner is $13.00 per person.
See Mrs. Fenech in the Career Center if you need additional help with this scholarship.
CALLING ALL FRESHMEN!!
- Come to the Music Building during lunch TODAY to listen to your Freshman Class Council candidates.
- Come to the Language Hall with your student I.D. to vote for your new Freshman Class Council on Wednesday, September 10th, during lunch.
— Sarah Leonard/Ms. Catalli
Girls’ Golf – Evergreen Valley at Poplar Creek – 3:30