San Mateo High School
Friday, August 15, 2014
TODAY IS PICTURE DAY
Picture Day is today in the Wrestling Room in the Main Gym.
- Periods 1 & 2: 9th Grade
- Periods 3 & 4: 10th Grade
- Periods 5 & 6: 11th Grade
- Period 7: 12th Grade
Your teachers during those periods will let you know what time you will be released to take your picture.
— Mr. Freiberg
Reminder! All students who park on campus are required to have a Parking Permit. Parking Permits are $10 and are valid for the current school year. You may purchase Parking Permits in the Student Services Office. Parking enforcement will begin on Wednesday, August 20th. Anyone parking without a permit will be issued a citation.
— Mr. McKenzie
Attention new students only! Lockers are now available. Please come to Room A130 during brunch, lunch, before or after school.
— Mrs. Cervantes
Attention Seniors! Start the year right! Come to Senior Sunrise on Friday, August 22nd, at 6:45am on the football field. There will be music and free food!
— Senior Class Council/Ms. Catalli
Club Charters are now available in the Leadership Room. All clubs must complete and submit a new Charter by Thursday, September 4th.
— Sarah Leonard/Ms. Catalli
TRYOUTS FOR BULLETIN ANNOUNCERS
To all those students with dulcet tones and an eagerness to proclaim the Daily Bulletin – we want you!! Tryouts for Bulletin Readers will take place TODAY from 3:15-4:15pm in the Main Office for those students who already signed up in Student Services.
— Assistant Principal McKenzie
FALL MUSICAL AUDITIONS
Our fall musical is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND, and auditions will be held right after school in the PAC on Monday, August 18th, for vocal auditions, and Tuesday, August 19th, for dance auditions. You must attend both days. You must sign up in advance in the PAC and get an audition form to fill out and bring back with you to auditions. Please prepare a song from a musical for Monday’s tryouts. Bring piano music in your key. An accompanist will be provided. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Friedman in the PAC or check out our website for more information at smhsdrama.org.
— Mr. Friedman
SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM
If you are a returning student and you participate in the National School Lunch Program and receive free or reduced brunch and lunch, you will need to reapply by Tuesday, September 23rd, or the system will automatically drop you. You can go to the District website and apply online. Although you have plenty of time, it is better to get this done sooner than later. Have a great year and welcome back!
— Ms. Reggie/Cafeteria
The City of San Mateo has an immediate opening for a Student Assistant in the Human Resources Department. The Student Assistant is responsible for various clerical support duties and will work with supervision.
- Salary: $9.00/hour
- Job Type: Part time/year round
- Location: San Mateo City Hall
- Hours: Monday thru Friday, up to six hours per week
- Closing Date: Until position is filled
See Mrs. Fenech in the Career Center TODAY for a flyer with more information.
WELCOME BACK DANCE
The Welcome Back “Luau” Dance is TONIGHT from 7:00-10:00pm in the Quad. Tickets are on sale in the Quad during lunch for $7.00. Please listen carefully to the following guidelines:
- The Dress Code will be strictly enforced.
- The doors will open at 7:00pm. All students must show a picture I.D. card at the door. The doors will close promptly at 7:30.
- No in or out privileges.
- Code of Conduct: Regular school rules regarding smoking, alcohol and drugs will be in effect. ANY signs of smoking, alcohol, or drug use will result in immediate disciplinary action. Students violating major school rules may be barred from dances for the remainder of the semester.
- The dance is over promptly at 10:00pm. No loitering in the parking lots. Be sure your transportation arrives on time. Late pick-ups after 10:15 may result in loss of opportunity to attend future dances.