San Mateo High School
Friday, October 24, 2014
ONCE ON THIS ISLAND – TICKETS ON SALE TODAY – lunch – Quad
QUIZ KIDS MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A160
PING PONG CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room B201
FRESHMAN SPIRIT HALL POSTER PARTY – TOMORROW – 1:00-5:00pm – Shad Park, Foster City
JSA MEETING – MONDAY – lunch – Room A220
GRID is Saturday, November 8th. Clear your bills this week. Guest passes are due Monday, October 27th. Tickets will be sold at lunch only for $20.00 (or $17.00 with a PAL). Clearance forms and guest passes are in the Student Services Office.
— Kim Tom/Ms. Catalli
WEAR YOUR ORANGE AND BLACK TO THE MUSICAL!
Hey, Bearcats, in honor of our mighty San Francisco Giants, with whom we share team colors, we’re doing a special tribute all weekend at the fall musical, ONCE ON THIS ISLAND. For anyone who buys a regular priced ticket and wears orange and black to the show, we will donate one dollar of that ticket’s cost to Junior Giants, the charity run by the Giants Community Fund to provide needy children with the chance to play baseball. So come out in full force and support this worthy cause. We’ll see you at the show! Go Giants!
— Mr. Friedman
- TARGET wants YOU!! Be a part of their fun and energetic company with flexible hours, and gain experience as well.
- UNIQLO in Hillsdale Mall is hiring for part-time Sales Associates.
Stop by the Career Center for more information.
— Mrs. Fenech
Football – San Mateo at South San Francisco – JV 4:00; Varsity 7:00
Frosh Volleyball – Tournament at Aragon
The San Mateo High School campus is a closed campus. Students may not leave campus without a valid permit obtained from the Attendance Office. The campus is also closed to all visitors unless they obtain a Visitor’s Pass in the main office or in the Dean’s Office. Students may NOT leave campus during school hours.
- Students who do not have a class at the beginning of school or end of school (for example students who do not have a 1st or 2nd period, or a 6th or 7th period), must obtain a “Not At School Sticker” from Student Services. Students who have a “Not At School Sticker” in the middle of their class schedule are NOT allowed to leave campus.
- School hours are defined as the bell schedule for the day which include brunch and lunch.
- Students are NOT to enter their cars during school hours without proper authorization.
- Students are NOT allowed to move their cars or transport students on or off campus.
- Students are NOT allowed to be in areas that are off-limits or restricted areas. (For example: District offices, SMART Center/ Adult Education, Gyms, Athletic fields and tennis courts, parking lots, and construction zone areas.)
All students who are caught leaving campus without a proper pass or are in off-limit areas without proper authorization will be sent to the Dean of Students with the following disciplinary action:
- 1st Offense: Enter Referral Online. Student is searched and warned. Dean calls parent
- 2nd Offense: Enter Referral Online. Student is searched. Dean calls parent 1 hour detention. Dean notifies counselor, SRO, SSA.
- 3rd Offense: Referral to Dean/AP. Student is searched. Dean calls parent. 2 hour detention. Dean notifies, counselor, SRO, SSA . Parent Conference SMHS Student Contract
- 4th Offense: Referral to Dean/AP. Dean calls parent. Dean assigns1 Day In House suspension.