San Mateo High School
Thursday, November 6, 2014
POLY CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A008
MUN MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A234
CRAFT CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room C111
INTERACTIVE CODING CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room B102
ART CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room C107
RED CROSS CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A232
MATH TEAM MEETING – TODAY – lunch – room A162
TED-Ed SMHS CLUB MEETING – TOMORROW – lunch – Rom A221
All current and prospective baseball players should attend a meeting TOMORROW during lunch in Coach Scheller’s room (E115).
— Coach Sanzeri
BEST FRIENDS PICTURES
Come out and get a picture of you and your best friend for the yearbook! Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, November 12th and Thursday, November 13th, during lunch and after school in front of the Clock Tower.
— Yearbook/Ms. Fergusson
GRID DANCE GUIDELINES
GRID is Saturday, November 8th, from 8:00-11:00pm at the Oshman Family Jewish Community Center in Palo Alto. Please listen carefully to the following guidelines:
- The Dress Code will be strictly enforced.
- The doors will open at 8:00pm. All students and guests must show a picture I.D. card at the door. The doors will close promptly at 8:30pm.
- No in or out privileges.
- Code of Conduct: Regular school rules regarding smoking, alcohol and drugs will be in effect. ANY signs of smoking, alcohol or drug use will result in immediate disciplinary action. Students violating major school rules may be barred from dances for the remainder of the semester.
- The dance is over promptly at 11:00pm. No loitering in the parking lots. Be sure your transportation arrives on time. Late pick-ups after 11:15 may result in loss of opportunity to attend future dances.
Next week is Spirit Week! Be sure come to the Quad during lunch to get counted and Sing the Fight Song!
- Monday: Pajama Day (Sophomores sing)
- Wednesday: Suit up for Dapper Day! (Freshmen sing)
- Thursday: Disney=Freshmen; Sports=Sophomores; Camping=Juniors; Beach=Seniors (Juniors sing)
- Friday: Crazy Orange & Black Day (Seniors sing)
BULLYING AND CYBER BULLYING
Cyber bullying includes the transmission of communications, posting of harassing messages, direct threats, or other harmful texts, sounds, or images on the Internet, social networking sites, or other digital technologies using a telephone, computer, or any wireless communication device. Cyber bullying also includes breaking into another person’s electronic account and assuming that person’s identity in order to damage that person’s reputation.
Students may submit a verbal or written complaint of conduct they consider to be bullying to a teacher or administrator. Students should 1) save and print any messages sent to them that they feel constitutes cyber bullying; and 2) notify a teacher, counselor, dean of students, or administration so matters can be investigated. Any student who engages in cyber bullying on school premises, or off campus in a manner that causes or is likely to cause a substantial disruption of a school activity or school attendance, shall be subject to discipline with any or all of the following consequences: 1-5 day suspension, referral to School Safety Advocate, SMPD notified, Incident Review Conference (IRC), and/or possible recommendation for expulsion.
Volleyball – Aragon at San Mateo (Senior Night) – Frosh 4:00; JV 5:00; Varsity 6:15
NEXT WEEK’S SCHEDULE
- Monday, November 10th: “A” Day
- Tuesday, November 11th: Veterans’ Day Holiday – no school
- Wednesday, November 12th: “B” Day
- Thursday, November 13th: “A” Day
- Friday, November 14th: “B” Day (see Rally Schedule below)
|Zero Period||7:00- 7:54|
|Period 2||8:00- 9:31|
|Period 6||12:50- 2:21|