San Mateo High School
Friday, November 7, 2014
TED-Ed SMHS CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Rom A221
BASEBALL MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room E115 (current/prospective players should attend)
PING PONG CLUB MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room B201
QUIZ KIDS MEETING – TODAY – lunch – Room A160
JSA MEETING – MONDAY – lunch – Room A220
BEST FRIENDS PICTURES
Come out and get a picture of you and your best friend for the yearbook! Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, November 12th and Thursday, November 13th, during lunch and after school in front of the Clock Tower.
— Yearbook/Ms. Fergusson
CALLING ALL SOPHOMORES
LAST Spirit Halls are today from 3:00-6:00pm and tomorrow from 9:00-12:00noon at Boothbay Park. This is your last chance to come out and support the Class of 2017!
— Sophomore Class Council
GRID DANCE GUIDELINES
GRID is TOMORROW NIGHT from 8:00-11:00pm at the Oshman Family Jewish Community Center in Palo Alto. Please listen carefully to the following guidelines:
- The Dress Code will be strictly enforced.
- The doors will open at 8:00pm. All students and guests must show a picture I.D. card at the door. The doors will close promptly at 8:30pm.
- No in or out privileges.
- Code of Conduct: Regular school rules regarding smoking, alcohol and drugs will be in effect. ANY signs of smoking, alcohol or drug use will result in immediate disciplinary action. Students violating major school rules may be barred from dances for the remainder of the semester.
- The dance is over promptly at 11:00pm. No loitering in the parking lots. Be sure your transportation arrives on time. Late pick-ups after 11:15 may result in loss of opportunity to attend future dances.
Next week is Spirit Week! Be sure come to the Quad during lunch to get counted and Sing the Fight Song!
- Monday: Pajama Day (Sophomores sing)
- Wednesday: Suit up for Dapper Day! (Freshmen sing)
- Thursday: Disney=Freshmen; Sports=Sophomores; Camping=Juniors; Beach=Seniors (Juniors sing)
- Friday: Crazy Orange & Black Day (Seniors sing)
TODAY’S FEATURED SCHOLARSHIP
- Foster City Lion’s Club Speakers Contest: open to 9th thru 12th grade students; provides an opportunity for competitive public speaking among students on a subject of vital interest to the contestants and to the American people as a whole. Due: February 1, 2015.
BULLYING AND CYBER BULLYING
Cyber bullying includes the transmission of communications, posting of harassing messages, direct threats, or other harmful texts, sounds, or images on the Internet, social networking sites, or other digital technologies using a telephone, computer, or any wireless communication device. Cyber bullying also includes breaking into another person’s electronic account and assuming that person’s identity in order to damage that person’s reputation.
Students may submit a verbal or written complaint of conduct they consider to be bullying to a teacher or administrator. Students should 1) save and print any messages sent to them that they feel constitutes cyber bullying; and 2) notify a teacher, counselor, dean of students, or administration so matters can be investigated. Any student who engages in cyber bullying on school premises, or off campus in a manner that causes or is likely to cause a substantial disruption of a school activity or school attendance, shall be subject to discipline with any or all of the following consequences: 1-5 day suspension, referral to School Safety Advocate, SMPD notified, Incident Review Conference (IRC), and/or possible recommendation for expulsion.
Football – San Mateo at Woodside – JV 4:00; Varsity 7:00
NEXT WEEK’S SCHEDULE
- Monday, November 10th: “A” Day
- Tuesday, November 11th: Veterans’ Day Holiday – no school
- Wednesday, November 12th: “B” Day
- Thursday, November 13th: “A” Day
- Friday, November 14th: “B” Day (see Rally Schedule below)
|Zero Period||7:00- 7:54|
|Period 2||8:00- 9:31|
|Period 6||12:50- 2:21|
Please remember to send your Canned Food Drive reps to the Biotech Conference Room for the 2nd Store Draft!